Gelatine. A gelling agent for numerous applications.
Gelatine: it gives gummy bears their consistency and form and yogurts their stability and creamy texture. Foodstuff applications are perhaps the best-known examples but certainly not the only area for the collagenous protein.
Most people don't realize:
• That drug capsules are made of pharma gelatine
• That the coating for films for analog photography is made from gelatine
• That ink-jet paper is coated with gelatine
• That in emergency medicine blood plasma expanders based on gelatine are used to replace lost blood
• That old and damaged books can be restored using gelatine
GELITA, worldwide leader in the manufacture of collagenous protein, supplies various types of gelatine for all important application areas. However, development continues: our researchers are constantly opening up new and innovative application areas for gelatine in the markets of tomorrow.